Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Grand Second Semester Meta-post


            My favorite post from this quarter was my most recent post about the relation between the economy and the presidential debate and how it was a construction. I believe that this post was one of my best posts because I bring in other texts like the article I read, and then quote it. The most important was my blog has improved this semester is that I now explain what I quote, like how I did in the second paragraph in this post. Furthermore, I then relate my posts to big ideas we are learning in class, like American values, or in this case how everything is a construction. I used real evidence by explaining both sides of how the different political parties are trying to frame the issue to show that it is a construction. Lastly, I end the post by asking questions to my reader to try to engage them in the posts and give them something to respond to. One way in which this post could be improved is by finding an image that more closely relates to the post I am writing about.
            Another reason that I think my posts this semester have improved is that many of my posts related to my junior theme topic which I was very interested in, so I was writing about topics that actually interested me. Last semester in my meta-post I said that " I think that I am starting to find the balance between taking what we learn in class and writing about the ideas from class that interest me the most." I believe that this semester I have found that balance. I found my posts about my topic ended up benefitting my junior theme, because it forced me to keep up with contemporary women's issues. Many of my blog posts also lead to inspiration for my junior theme, so it was a win-win situation.
            If I were to continue this blog for another semester, one minor thing that I would work on would be tying visuals to my post that may further enhance my research. One instance of a successful image I used was in this post because it added something new to my post and added extra details that I was unable to add in, and one unsuccessful image was in this post because I think it was just a filler image. Another thing that I would work on would be asking questions at the end of my post that relate to something in my post that I have not answered or is controversial and my reader would want to respond to.
            Overall, I believe I made steady progress and accomplished my goal for this semester of continuing class discussions on my blog and finding the balance between writing about topics that interest me and relate to American studies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment